If you encounter a phenomenon as unpleasant as a fungal infection, you should start treatment immediately. About,how to cure fungus on toenailswe will talk about in this article.
First, you need to understand what yeast infections are. These diseases belong to the class of infectious diseases. Mycoses, or infections caused by fungi, are very diverse, but most often they affect the skin and nails. Mycoses are contagious and spread from person to person.
This disease (onychomycosis) is caused by a fungal infection that can be contracted from a sick person. Often, the disease spreads within the family, as it is transmitted through shared items, such as slippers or towels.
The fungus is very fond of a humid and hot environment, so swimming pools, showers, gyms, bathtubs are ideal places for infections. Predisposing factors for the disease are wet shoes and excessive sweating on the feet.
The fungus is a very resistant microorganism. They endure arid conditions of existence, temporarily interrupting their reproduction. But as soon as the environment becomes favorable, life's violent activities begin again.
If the nails are infected with fungi, they change their appearance. The color of the nail plate changes to white, gray, yellow, brown, green and even black. The nails thicken, crumble, lose their natural shine. The thickening of the nail plate is a reaction to the multiplication of the infection in the nail bed. Keratinization grows and significantly interferes with treatment.
In advanced cases, the fungus affects the entire thickness of the nail. The nail begins to exfoliate, to collapse.
To make a correct diagnosis, it is necessary to carry out a laboratory study of samples taken from the nail.
Nail fungus medication
To treat nail fungus, topical preparations and oral agents are used. External medicines are ointments, creams, gels, nail polishes and special plasters that have a peeling effect.
Antifungal varnishes include compounds that penetrate deeply into the nail plate and the nail bed. To use the varnish, you must first cut the affected area of the nail with a file and degrease with alcohol.
Ointments and keratolytic adhesives are used to remove areas of the nail affected by the fungus. Under the influence of these agents, the nail becomes soft and easy to remove for further treatment. The plasters and ointments contain an antiseptic, salicylic or acetic acid. Antifungal components can also be included. A plaster is applied to the affected nail, on top of it is a layer of common adhesive tape and a layer of dressing. The dressing is removed after 2-3 days. The softened areas of the nail are removed and a new keratolytic adhesive is applied again. The treatment is carried out until the nails of the fungus are cleaned. Treatment with adhesives or keratolytic ointments is a time-consuming process.
There are special kits for the treatment of nail fungus. This includes a keratolytic antifungal ointment, a special nail scraper and an adhesive.
Antifungal creams are indicated for use. The cream should be applied to the affected nails every day until complete recovery.
If the nail fungus responds poorly to treatment, in especially advanced cases, the doctor prescribes antimycotics - drugs in the form of capsules and pills. These funds must be withdrawn in 2 to 4 months. But many of them can have a negative effect on the human body precisely because of the duration of the intake. Therefore, a new systemic treatment method called pulse therapy has been developed. The essence of the treatment is a mild medication regimen: two tablets or capsules a day for a week. Then you must take a 21-day break. The general course of pulse therapy is 3 times over 7 days.
Antimycotics prevent disease recurrence and effectively fight infections. The doctor prescribes the medication the patient needs most.
Folk remedies to fight nail fungus
If the disease has not started, herbal medicines and herbal ingredients can be taken to help with medication.
- Grind the peppermint leaves and mix with salt. Apply the makeup on the nails and place it between your fingers for an hour.
- 20 gr. Pour lilac flowers with half a glass of alcohol. Let it ferment for two weeks. Rub the makeup on the affected area several times a day.
- Mix the butter and crushed garlic in a 1: 1 ratio. Apply to the nails once a day with bandage and adhesive tape. Change the product every day. Apply until complete recovery.
- It is recommended to walk barefoot in the morning dew. It is considered one of the best treatments.
- Mix garlic juice, pure alcohol and distilled water in a 1: 1: 10 ratio. Rub the composition on the nails affected by the fungus regularly.
- Fresh leaves of rowan, transformed into porridge, are applied to the affected areas for 1 hour. Apply the recipe until complete recovery.
- Pour half a glass of poplar buds with 0. 5 liters of vodka. Let it ferment for 10-12 days. Make dye compresses at night. The nails soften during the night. In the morning, the nails should be cleaned with light keratinization and the dye should be rubbed well.
- Wrap the affected nails with rubbed leaves of a golden mustache. Strengthen the compress with plastic wrap. The compress can be done at night. In the morning, you should clean the nails of the softened keratinization.
If you follow simple rules, you will never find a disease as unpleasant as the fungus on your toenails.
- Never wear someone else's shoes.
- Always dry your shoes when you get home.
- If you constantly visit the spa, the pool, the gym, apply topical antifungal medications.
- At home, it is better to refuse porous or shaggy carpets in the bathroom, as they transmit infections, including nail fungus.
- If you forgot to change your shoes at home when visiting public places and the antifungal is gone, treat your feet and nails when you get home with tea tree oil, apple cider vinegar and propolis tincture.
Visit your doctor at the first sign of nail fungus. Even if you make a mistake, do not regret the time wasted, as there is nothing more important than your health.