Cracked toes - extremely unpleasanta phenomenon that causes many problems and is accompanied by pain. The pain can be either at rest or when water, dirt, etc. get into the wound. If the skin on the legs is damaged, walking is difficult. If the shoes are made of synthetic material, perspiration increases, which worsens the condition.
Cracked fingers can be caused by:
- dryness of the skin as a result of frequent interaction with abrasive materials (including natural - sand, for example), chlorinated water, hot air;
- uncomfortable shoes (narrow, improperly sized, artificial) that interrupt the blood supply and cause increased sweating, resulting in constantly wet feet;
- violation of personal hygiene rules;
- foot fungus;
- diseases of the endocrine system (diabetes mellitus, obesity, malfunction of the thyroid gland);
- dermatitis and allergic reactions;
- lack of vitamins A and E;
Some women during the gestation period experience fissures in the skin, which can also be triggered by unstable hormone levels, vitamin and nutrient deficiencies, among other reasons.
In addition to the real fissures between the fingers, the clinical picture can be complemented by symptoms such as:
- dryness and peeling of the skin;
- deformation and yellowing of the nails;
- secretion of pus from the injured tissues (the first sign of inflammation);
Depending on what caused the cracking of the skin, rashes, redness and swelling are also possible.
Treatment is prescribed by a podiatrist after a preliminary diagnosis. Through visual examination and laboratory tests, the doctor draws up a plan for therapeutic manipulations that will lead to the elimination of the problem and the improvement of the condition.
- If the cracks between the toes are caused by a fungal infection, antimycotic medications are prescribed to prevent the growth of pathogens and restore normal microflora on the skin's surface.
- When it comes to hyperhidrosis, injections of botulinum toxin help to eliminate excessive sweating. They provide a temporary effect, the duration of which varies from several months to a year, after which a second procedure is necessary to maintain the result achieved.
- In some cases, the main reason is the dysfunction of Organs internal organs, so the treatment is developed in close cooperation with the profile specialists.